The following contains information relating to Piedmont’s fence materials guarantee and installation warranty.
Any fence is only as strong as the posts it is installed on, and the method in which the posts are anchored in the ground. Therefore, when Piedmont Fence speaks of a warranty, we refer to proper installation. Piedmont Fence warrants only proper installation and workmanship of installation for a period of 1 year after date of installation. Piedmont Fence makes no other warranties either expressed or implied concerning any fence installed.
- Chain Link: All galvanized and vinyl chain link materials are guaranteed for 10 years only by the manufacturer. Written warranty from manufacturer available upon request.
- PVC: All PVC materials are guaranteed for 20 years only by the manufacturer. Written warranty from manufacturer available upon request.
- Aluminum: warranty from manufacturer available upon request.
- Pressure Treated Wood: Pressure treated wood FENCE MATERIALS ONLY are guaranteed for 10 years against decay and termites by the manufacturer. Labor to replace materials is NOT INCLUDED IN WARRANTY.
NATURAL CHARACTERISTICS OF WOOD
The following are natural natural characteristics of wood. There is no warranty against checking, shrinking or warpage.
- Checking: A small crack that can occur in the boards, rails or posts is not considered defective.
- Shrinking: All wood can be expected to shrink, most commonly fence boards may shrink as much as 1/8th inch each. Shrinking is not defective.
- Warpage: This is a natural process of wood. It is impossible to foretell which piece of lumber may warp. Warpage is not defective, and is not covered under any implied warranty.